Privacy Policies effective October 12, 2009
This is a General Motors Company ("GM") sponsored site. To view General Motors Company’s privacy statement click here: http://www.gm.com/privacy/#scope.
GM will have access to your name and other personal information you enter here. GM dealers and third parties will also have access to personal information you enter here and your browsing activities on this page in order to provide you the dealer locator services you are requesting. The role of each party is explained below and links to applicable privacy statements are provided.
Collection and Use of Your Information by GM
Information Directed to Our Dealers
When you complete a form on this website to ask a question of or request a quote from a GM dealer, the information you submit is forwarded by GM to the GM dealer you selected. Each GM dealer is independent of GM and the dealer you direct your communication to will have its own privacy statement. Please contact the dealer or visit the dealer’s website for more information on its privacy practices.
Changes to these Privacy Policies or Statements
This Privacy Statement is effective as of October 12, 2009
|I certify that the information on this form is complete and true. I authorize Knapp Chevy to investigate my credit and employment history, and to obtain credit reports. I understand and authorize Knapp Chevy to submit the information on this form along with any other credit information Knapp Chevy may obtain, to any financial institution Knapp Chevy may deem appropriate for the purpose of financing the purchase of a vehicle by me.
In connection with your transaction, Knapp Chevy may obtain information about you as described in this notice, which we handle as stated in this notice.
1. We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we received about you on applications or other forms;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others; and,
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
2. We may disclose all of the information we collect, as we described above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. We may make such disclosures about you as a consumer, customer, or former customer.
3. We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you as a consumer, customer, or former customer to non-affiliated third parties as permitted by law.
4. We restrict access to nonpublic information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products and services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies, though either of those actions may affect the use of our site. However, simply by clicking the link to visit this Notice, ReachLocal has suppressed all of the functionality of the ReachLocal Network Cookies. With respect to the TP Network Cookies, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp for more information regarding the collection of and use of information by the TP Network and to opt out of certain advertising Of course, should you return to our site, the ReachLocal Network Cookies may be dropped again but you can always visit this Notice again to have the ReachLocal Network Cookies suppressed again. Please note that simply visiting this Notice (for instance, if you have it bookmarked) will not suppress the cookies; you must click a link to this Notice to have the ReachLocal Network Cookies suppressed.
If you have any questions regarding ReachLocal and/or the Advertising Cookies, you are encouraged to contact ReachLocal at firstname.lastname@example.org.